[Greenbuilding] Refrigeration for Himatics (was Re: Pedaling vs. PV, was: heretical observation

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 6 15:39:27 CDT 2012

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:55:10 -0400, Corwyn <corwyn at midcoast.com> wrote:

> On 6/6/2012 12:34 PM, Reuben Deumling wrote:
>
>> the trouble with PV in my town is we get zip in the winter. I'm working
>> on putting my fridge coils through my North kitchen wall to reduce the
>> wintertime fridge load on the grid/my future PV,

I may be jumping in too late in this thread to offer anything of relevance
but...

There's an idea that was called a "Cold Store" ... basically an insulated
compartment off of something like a doorway or window opening, accessible
 from the kitchen or walk-in pantry which could serve as a natural
"refrigerator" in winter. Temperature control would be a manually-operated
vent which let's more or less heat out (or if you prefer, cold in). No
electricity required. Good weatherstripping and effective closure
mechanism on the well-insulated door are about the only real requirements.
And cold outdoor winter temps of course. ie Wouldn't work in Florida.

I have something like that on my home, except it's just a piece of
cabinetry (1.2 x 1.2 x .5 metres) with big drawers, out on a side porch.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")