[Greenbuilding] Refrigeration for Himatics (was Re: Pedaling vs. PV, was: heretical observation

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:23:02 CDT 2012

yep. And this fellow did it one better. http://fourmileisland.com/IceBox.htm

I think the trouble is
(a) we think that 40F is a maximum for refrigerated space, and
(b) the average outdoor temperature for much of the year is well above that
in my latitude.

For the winter months this could work, however, but my version - sticking
the fridge coils on the outside but keeping the fridge as the storage
vessel and not compromising the insulation envelope--also seems promising.