[Greenbuilding] crushed brick

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Mon Jun 11 16:08:00 CDT 2012

Yes these bricks are a hundred years old and definitely the low temp fired
type. I suspected as much.
So....expanded shale would be wonderful but has high embodied energy, lava
rock would be wonderful but NY has few volcanoes, pumice floats, the 100
year old salvaged Spanish style tile may have lead sealer.....which brings
me back to gravel - which does not have as high a surface are by far but
sure is easy to come by in NYC....

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA