[Greenbuilding] Biochar Bricks for Green Buildings

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Thu Mar 1 18:54:22 CST 2012

Charcoal made cleanly from wood or agricultural residues is biochar.  Yes
there are better ways of making charcoal.

Yes sometimes it's better to use solar, stickwood, briquettes and/or a
digestor.

And - you can burn fuels for cooking, and cooking institutionally, do so
cleanly, and have biochar left over for improving poor soils, for cooking
cleanly at low heat in an improved charcoal stove and also for other
filtering contaminants from ruminant grazing.

There are 4 Biochar discussion lists, and a nice giant jumping off point on
our biochar site:
http://biochar.bioenergylists.org/

And you can just ask me - I'd be happy to talk your ear off.
Cheers,
Erin Rasmussen
erin at trmiles.com