[Greenbuilding] Biochar Bricks for Green Buildings

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Thu Mar 1 19:37:09 CST 2012

On 3/1/2012 7:25 PM, RT wrote:

> Does the "biochar" production process not involve a long, smouldering
> fire (ie inefficient burning) to convert the material to charcoal ?

I spoke with a purveyor of biochar furnaces a few years ago.  He claimed
that the process he used was a high temperature burn, and the burning
was remarkably clean.  I have no confirmation of that but he certainly
wasn't using a charcoal mound.

I remain hopefull that biochar could well be the saving of the
rainforests.  A simple change from slash and burn agriculture to slash
and char could be HUGE.

Thank you kindly,

Corwyn

--