[Greenbuilding] tankless heaters redux

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 2 20:01:23 CST 2012

I've been using one of the Hubbell Electric tankless heaters for about two years now.
More expensive but as someone said: "you get what you pay for".

I did a lot of research into the various options available (in western Canada) and it was clearly the best in my opinion because of the wealth of very intelligent design and performance features that it offers. Actually i had to buy direct from Hubbell - and they were great - because there wasn't a local dealer).

For instance, (and this is merely an indication of the level of intelligent design rather than a particularly significant feature), it was the only unit I saw that had mounting holes on 16" centres. Would seem like a bit of a no-brainer to me, but no other 'brain' seemed to have thought of it amongst the other manufacturers (that I looked at) !

It also incorporates 'Sharkbite' fittings that make it really easy to install and - importantly - uninstall if you need to!

PLUS... it had the most sensitive flow control switch of them all - down to .25 gpm as opposed to .5 gpm for the next best contender. Great for low-flow applications.

Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net
steve at naturalbuildingsite.net