[Greenbuilding] tankless heaters redux

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 2 22:31:18 CST 2012

Hi Sacie,

I was on oil previously, and don't have gas in the neighbourhood (I'm rural). So electric was the only effective and most 'green' alternative (because here in BC we generate the majority of our electricity by Hydro.)

After I installed it, my water heating bill dropped by about $2 a day not because electricity is cheaper than oil - because per Btu it is / was almost exactly the same price - but because the oil fired tank lost so much heat up the flue.

Cheers,

Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net
steve at naturalbuildingsite.net