[Greenbuilding] Venting dryer to home! - invention on Shark Tank tv show

Steven Tjiang steve at tjiang.org
Fri Mar 9 10:32:34 CST 2012

I have always wondered if a relatively simple HRV add-on for dryers would
be marketable.  It doesn't have to be as efficient as the full house HRVs.
 Of course with a dryer you'd have to handle the lint and alot more
condensate. The exchanger would have to be easier to clean.  In fact it
could just be a long length of smaller duct inside a larger duct with a
small fan booster and a good lint filter.

When I was in Zurich last month I happened upon an appliance store (not a
high-end one) and all they sold were heat-pump assisted condensing dryers.
 The Swiss are way ahead of us.

---- Steve (KZ6LSD)