[Greenbuilding] new solar heating system in this country

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 15 08:53:41 CDT 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:15:40 -0400, Clarke Olsen <colsen at fairpoint.net>
wrote:

> I intend to drain-back into a 1,000 gal tank, skipping the heat
> exchanger.
> The concrete tank is enclosed in 10"+ of foam, in the hope of year-round
> storage.
>    Question: What could I use to suppress possible organisms from
> growing in that hot, dark soup? Vinegar? Clorox?

Just daydreaming but I wonder what would happen if the concrete tank were
replaced with a huge oak barrel and some grain and yeast were added to the
water ? (ie 100-proof whiskey wouldn't freeze. Right  ? )

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")