[Greenbuilding] Thought: Maintenance.

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 23 21:01:40 CDT 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:25:17 -0400, Corwyn <corwyn at midcoast.com> wrote:

> On 3/23/2012 7:31 PM, Anne Judge wrote:
>> I depend on iCal - set the alarm&  the repeat interval, have it send me
>> an email on the date

> Many things on my maintenance list are 'do on the first warm day of
> spring'.  Or I am busy on any particular day, so calendars don't work
> well for me for this sort of thing.

Quickly before the 3rd period of the hockey game begins...

Up until Windows XP, one could take the miniscule Windows Calendar.exe
program and put it into the StartUp folder so that the calendar would be
the first thing you see everytime you boot up Windows.

That pop-up window could be set up to provide one with "To do" reminders
for a specific time and day for years in advance ... things like
birthdays/anniversaries, medical appointments, library books due, pet
medication, family gatherings, meetings, deadlines ... and maintenance
schedules.

Since we all use our computers daily, it would be impossible to not get
the reminders. If doing the task at the appointed time was not possible,
it was a simple matter to simply copy the note for rescheduling.

I skipped from Windows XP to Windows 7 and on some computers (laptops &
netbooks) and haven't figured out how to get the Calendar.exe program to
pop-up first thing when Windows boots up.

My neighbour ? His wife is his Calendar.exe program and there is *no*
postponing reminders from that source. Nope.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")