[Greenbuilding] Thought: Maintenance.

Anne Judge anne.judge at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 24 07:03:20 CDT 2012

On Mar 23, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Corwyn wrote:

> Many things on my maintenance list are 'do on the first warm day of spring'.  Or I am busy on any particular day, so calendars don't work well for me for this sort of thing.  Good thought though.

Yeah, I'll admit I have that problem - specifically, one of my regular reminders is "oil gutters" and that can only be done after a good bit of dry weather.

The advantage of pop-ups in iCal over emails - though they're much more annoying - is that you can choose to have them pop up again after one of several predetermined intervals.  I think I'd better switch my gutter reminder from email to pop-up!

System-independent options - though I assume they can only notify via email - are Google & Yahoo calendars.

Anne