[Greenbuilding] new solar heating system in this country

Bruno M. brunom1 at telenet.be
Mon Mar 26 11:44:56 CDT 2012

Probably ( at least) half a scam,
they may claim no pump but instead they use a compressor,
so thats also a electricity consuming device,
and also a moving part.
AND, ...   possible 5 added non-beneficial aspects:
1) in normal solar hotwater, your water circulating looses its initial
oxygen ( cooked out),
   its get anaerobic ( read non-corroding) and here they keep blowing
air in the system
   = oxidation of the glycol+ metal/iron parts.( if they use a classic
air-lift or geyserpump )
2) then also possible more energy used ( lost) to run the compressor
then a pump
3) more heat build up in the collectors due to slow pumping ( and very
without airlifting)
4) bigger pipes needed ( more cost & more heatlosses )
5) air-liquid mix makes for less efficient heat exchange
6)  way way waaaay  to expensive, 9000 $ !? and you even don't get a
pump for that boatload of cash!?
    a guy on an other forum would have a payback-time of 38 years, if
that system
    would produce all the heat all year for his sanitary hotwater...

There so called famous  " Geyserpump " is just an old fashioned airlift
pump with a little add on,
see :  http://www.airliftpump.com/index.htm

JMO
Bruno M.