[Greenbuilding] Flea control in dogs (Re: Off topic)

Anne Judge anne.judge at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 31 20:43:40 CDT 2012

On Mar 31, 2012, at 1:02 PM, KTOT (g) wrote:

> I know many people who have tried generic yeast or other brands of yeast garlic with NO success on dogs which is why I was very specific on PetGuard brand. Other brands apparently work for some dogs, but not all. Cats, I don’t know about.

I wouldn't give any supplement with garlic to my cats!!!  Or put anything with garlic on their skin, since they groom everywhere.  Small quantities probably won't hurt them, but I'm not going to take a chance. "Onions contain a substance (N-propyl disulphide) which destroys red blood cells in the cat, causing a form of anemia called Heinz body anemia. Garlic contains a similar substance in a lesser amount." (That's from cats.about.com, but you'll find it other places too.)

Anne