[Greenbuilding] Pest Management, mice in particular

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:08:32 CDT 2012

Thanks RT, I'll check your suggested entry points.  We have no soffits
however.  I believe our roof is the real standing seam type as well.  No
wooden battens at seams however.  What I see on our roof right outside my
office window looks like a combination of your description of real and the
other.  Nothing was pre-formed on this roof.  I am familiar with the fake
standing seam metal roofs.  It is the material we used for a cabin.  The
end result is similar to what we have on the house.  I'll send you a photo
so perhaps you can judge.

I'm aware mice can enter through the tinniest of holes and if I weren't so
afraid of the combination of heights and slippery metal roofs I might more
easily check this out.  I'll check with the roofer too.  I took no photos
of the roof in its interim stages unfortunately.  So I can't tell what is
underneath the caps at the top of the seams on our roof.  I am nearly
positive however, the seams continue up the roof under the caps  (through a
slit in the caps) to the end of the caps where the counter flashing
begins.  The tops of the caps are well caulked.

Anyway. Will take a photo or two.

thanks,  Sacie