[Greenbuilding] Pest Management, mice in particular

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:22:27 CDT 2012

thanks Kenn, as I said to RT, we have been using those packs of Warfarin
for years now.  And while the critters will seek water after eating the
contents, which usually takes them back outdoors, we do have some die on
the top of our beam, hence the smell.  It isn't bad and it's gone in a day
or two.

As for the idea of steels pads, I had heard of that solution and tried it
where a known entry point and large hole is located.  I didn't pound the
fine pad I stuck down the hole however, nor did I caulk it.  The hold must
be an inch in diameter, a virtual many lane highway.  In any case the
result of my placing the pad without the extra you've suggested, is this
solution did not work.  I will now try pounding and caulking to the degree
possible.  In the meantime, I've simply kept packages of the poison in the
shed the mice invade.  In the house itself, I would love to find the entry
points, THAT's the problem.

IOW, I can kill the mice once they've come in, but I would far prefer their
entry.

I would have a cat but I love feeding birds, so that solution is out too.
We live in the country btw.  I bet we easilyhave a 100 mice in the general
vicinity of our numerous buildings, all wanting that shelter, all wanting
to make nests out of human belongings and ALL not welcome.  We have Bard
owls at night too.  They, rodents eaters, are most welcome.

Cheers,  Sacie