[Greenbuilding] Insulation fasteners

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:53:46 CST 2012

We have tested up to 8" of foam (EPS, XPS is stronger) with #10 screws and furring strips. Works fine with siding ( safety factor of more than 10).
3/8" lags is crazy: never need it. The foam provides a lot of the strength.
Check our buildingscience.com website or my book for more detail on how this works.