[Greenbuilding] Insulation fasteners

Sam Ewbank g.l.ewbank at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:16:03 CST 2012

For a recent project we used 2" round galvalume roofing pressure plates
(OMG manufacturing) and varying screw lengths to attach 1x battens.
 Depending on screw length cost ranged from .25 - .34 per fastener assembly
(screw and washer).  Foam layers were tacked in place with plastic cap
nails.   Fasteners were purchased at a roofing supply house.

Green Building Advisor has a summary for installing rigid foam insulation :
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/how-install-rigid-foam-sheathing
With links to some videos.

I have used Timberlok screws but to set the head flush you have to set the
screw so deep I was splitting some of the 1x battens.

Sam