[Greenbuilding] prefab startup company

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:00:40 CDT 2012

Just toured the facility. Very small operation. Concept is a little
different than what I've seen in that it is designed to be able to
move it as often as they like. Does not require any electrical or
water hookups. Propane is the backup energy source, but ut should be
self-sufficient in terms of energy and water.   Almost no market
research has been done. The owner is a Swiss guy who wants it for
himself and figures other people may want the same thing. I can't be
too critical. I'm not an architect (I'm a product/furniture designer)
and I want him as a client. I am hoping to design custom green
furniture for this dwelling.
   The things I saw that interested me most , were a Lohberger wood
stove/heater/water heater he had retrofitted with an emergency pump to
provide cooling with the water captured from rainwater, and a bed kind
of like this one:
http://www.swisssleepsystem.com/mobi_3_adjustable_bed.html
--interested in your input and questions
Ben

--

b e n j a m i n p r a t t

professor art+design