[Greenbuilding] Fireplace options

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at kos.net
Sat Oct 6 09:42:46 CDT 2012

I've had willow, ash, maple and Manitoba maple, Corwyn.  Because I fill
the firebox, your point on weight is one I can't control.  Full is full,
despite weight.  My wood has dried 2-3 years, regardless of type.  I was
going to freecycle some newer willow until I talked with Norbert and
read this discussion!  I now have seasonal wood piles, with willow my
spring/fall wood, in one, denser stuff in the others.  I lost 18 trees
to ice last winter, so have multiple piles.

Lynelle