[Greenbuilding] [proprietary product name <snipped>] (was HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER)

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 16 09:49:37 CDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 00:44:19 -0400, Paul Eldridge
<paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

[this portion where Paul 'splains eet <snipped>

> ----- Quote(ing Christian Corson)  -----

> Please keep in mind that an ASHPWH WILL raise the heat load and the
> annual  heating demand of homes in heating climates if placed with in
> the thermal
> envelope.

I don't know nuttin' about nuttin' about this gizmo but it sounds to me
like it *might* be useful as an add-on for a cool-store closet or root
cellar or such-like.

ie If sucking the heat out of the living space is problematic, then maybe
you park it in a small space that is thermally isolated from the living
space where the heat-sucking capacity is beneficial ... and that sounds
pretty much like a fridge.

I'll leave it to a numbernerd (meant in the nicest way of course) to do
the arithmetic to determine whether the "fridge" is a beer cooler
capacity-sized space or a root cellar capacity-sized space.

Thinking about it a bit more, assuming that the gizmo makes an annoying
racket (albeit tiny)  as heat pumps are wont to do, having it acoustically
isolated in the thermally isolated space wouldn't be a Bad Thing either.

Me ?  Thinking about gizmos and beer got me thinking about how one might
make a small watercraft that could be towed behind a bike for about 20 kms
to a launch point on the Ottawa River that is almost directly across from
the marina at Parc de Plaisance in Aylmer Quebec. Ideally the watercraft
could be pedal-paddle-powered, be able to accommodate two humans and their
two bikes, a dog, a bike chariot and two cases of discounted-by-50%
premium Quebec beer (for my neighbours) across sometimes choppy water.

Pedal-paddle across the river to Quebec, tie-up the watercraft at the
marina, pedal the bikes to Hull to the bottom of Gatineau Park, ride the
hills of Gatineau Pk, pedal back to Aylmer, pick up two cases of beer and
haul it back to the boat with the chariot (the chariot having been used to
transport a pooped-pup through town from the run through the Gatineau
hills) , pedal-paddle back to Ontario and home.

Huh. Looks like someone else may have been thinking the same thing:

http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaks/mirage/tandem-island/

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")