[Greenbuilding] best low gpf toilet these days?

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Fri Sep 7 15:21:48 CDT 2012

The Toto Aquia II (newer version of the Aquia) is our ³default² toilet,
extremely popular. One added clean benefit‹the exterior has very sleek
lines, easier to clean than many toilets with the fake pipe shapes on the
sides and back.

Toto just announced a single-flush 1.0 GPF toilet that I hear should be
coming out later this Fall.
When people don¹t want or need a dual-flush, then the rest of the Eco-named
Totos with the HEP designation work great, too , at 1.28 GPF....lots of
styles and pricepoints due to style and color.

One ironic point to consider on dual-flush toilets: if people are ignorant
and don¹t really care (or plain stooopid) they¹ll just use the 1.6 button,
completely eliminating the benefit. So make sure it¹s for a home where the
occupants understand the point (although I have full confidence in Reuben).