[Greenbuilding] New materials, old codes, and general building code avoidance techniques.

Timberguides timberguides at koehn.com
Thu Aug 15 22:48:55 CDT 2013

John,
Here in B.C. we build some weird stuff from time to time. And as a timber frame builder, everything I do needs to be reviewed and sealed by an engineer. I work with a good one (from Ontario, with a B.C. stamp) who is up to speed on lots of alternative stuff: on more than one occasion he's suggested them for our projects.
Our experience has been that so long as he's signed off, our local inspections department is cool with it.
YRMV.
Regards,

Chris

TimberGuides   |   Design & Build