[Greenbuilding] caulk vs sound caulk

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 09:13:04 CDT 2013

Planing to remove and replace shoe molding around the perimeter of the
interior in order to caulk underneath it. I want to seal up some of the
drafts the infrared scans revealed--as well to keep out critters.. Should I
use sound caulk, which never hardens and is inexpensive, or polyurethane
caulk--my current favorite (but it's expensive)?
Floor is 2" oak, In some cases. Where there's a big enough gap, i will
caulk between the oak and the wall, in other cases, just between the floor
and the base molding. I don't want to remove the base molding--that would
be more difficult.
Ben