[Greenbuilding] caulk vs sound caulk

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Sat Aug 17 11:44:50 CDT 2013

Don't hesitate to use backing bead: it's a soft round foam, available in many diameters, which you press into the space to be caulked.
Troweling off the caulk face with the appropriate finger, the backing gives your caulk the desired hour-glass profile.
Clarke Olsen
clarkeolsendesign.com
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165