[Greenbuilding] sub-grade heat loss was passive haus article

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 08:01:48 CDT 2013

Yes, a completely reliable statement.  "Heat flows through a material at a rate based only on the temperature difference and the thermal resistance of the intervening layer"
 (unless we are talking about dynamic conditions like an above grade wall or roof exposed to significant temperature changes on a hourly basis where mass/heat capacity begins to have an effect, albeit usually a small one).

On 2013-08-22, at 8:41 AM, Alan Abrams <alan at abramsdesignbuild.com> wrote:

> so John, are you saying that when measuring heat flow from one mass to another, it does not matter what the density of the cooler mass is, and that the only thing of significance is the difference in temperature?
>
> -Grasshopper

John Straube
www.JohnStraube.com