[Greenbuilding] Feedback wanted - water treatment process

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 11:48:30 CST 2013

Thanks Don.

Interesting! Never heard of advective flow before - I wonder if advective flow is greater than the need for the solute to remain dissolved in the solvent and the diffusion tendencies in the solution.

I'm thinking a vertical design may be better, the filter would be on the top end, this way the density of the solute is likely to make it concentrate towards the bottom, opposing the advective flow. Since the concentration at the top will be lower, the solute nearer the top is more likely to want to stay dissolved and less likely to clog up the filter.

Thanks again for the feedback, further feed back welcomed of course.

~sanjay