[Greenbuilding] what do you use to seal ducts, vent pipes?

Rob Dickinson robd at pobox.com
Thu Dec 5 12:34:06 CST 2013

Mastic is the way to go.   But if that's not something you want to do, then
there are lots of foil-faced tapes designed for this purpose that will hold
up to the heat and drying.

I've had really good luck with Venture Tapes.   I used their tapes to seal
foil-faced foam insulation on the exterior of my house, and their tapes
were great and had really good adhesives and so on.

http://www.venturetape.com/home.php

You can probably find the tape that you are looking for on their web page.
 If not, call them and ask what they recommend.   For other tape needs,
I've called them and talked to either their customer support reps or their
technical reps and discussed the pros/cons of different tapes they have
available to determine the best one for my needs.  They were super helpful.
    (And no… I have no association to the company… I am just appreciative
of the good service that they gave me and want to pass along info on a
company with good products and good service)

Rob

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> since duct tape isn't suitable, are there other products that resist heat
> better you'd recommend? I realize mastic is an option, but for this
> application I'd prefer a tape or something along those lines.
>
> Thanks.

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all
the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends
I want to see." — John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer