[Greenbuilding] Cheap flooring

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:23:14 CST 2013

I'm leading a small team of students to do furniture and interior
design for a local internet cafe that is opening up. They came to us
because they have a tiny budget. My university gets grants to help
local businesses, and we work for cheap.
The existing floor mostly maple and oak, is in bad shape, with a lot
of holes and
other damage. There is also a 1" or so level change where there was a
wall. My two ideas so far are in the links below.The first could
possibly bridge the level change and would definitely cover the holes.
 I was trying to find a floor I saw in another store that seemed to be
rough-sanded lumber, with no appearance of any finish at all. I
couldn't find it, but the second link is close.
Any comments on my ideas, or have any other recommendations?

http://www.picklee.com/2012/12/12/farmhouse-wide-plank-floor-made-from-plywood-diy/

http://wormtracks.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/beautiful-wood-seen-at-anthropologie/

--

b e n j a m i n p r a t t