[Greenbuilding] Abandoned mine turned into a pumped storage system...

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 17:28:22 CST 2013

I too would keep an open mind on this.  Pumped storage has a round trip efficiency far less than 100%, but then so do all storage methods.  Even if we can get 75%, that is a good deal as we often have, and likely will in future have more, low-cost renewable energy generated that can be used at the same time.  Large scale storage of some sort seems like a decent option.