[Greenbuilding] Abandoned mine turned into a pumped storage system...

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sat Feb 23 21:30:40 CST 2013

On 2/23/2013 6:28 PM, John Straube wrote:
 >I too would keep an open mind on this.

They make it sound like this is a problem only with renewable energy,
when, in fact, it is a concern with all types of power generation.  The
down time for solar generators is at most a few day, and usually just a
few hours.  A nuclear plant is generally down for months to refuel.  And
storage requirements go up based on time required.  Pump storage is
reasonable proposition, I think.  The bugaboos are where you get the
water and where you put it.  A mine and a slag mountain, and captured
water, sound like reasonable choices to me, but I don't know any details.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap