[Greenbuilding] Abandoned mine turned into a pumped storage system...

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 24 13:35:37 CST 2013

Really interesting paper (did a very quick read). They seem to have
eliminated storage as a solution lumping it in with what they term
'ancillary' or balancing services which include non-renewable. They talk
about expanding the grid as the primary balancing tool for renewable. What
is most confusing (that I need to reread) is discussion of the collapse of
the energy market with renewable and a subsequent lack of investment in
renewable technology (as it doesn't pay?). It seems that value in this world
is based on only the things we remove from the world permanently (scarcity)
- so we have no concept of how to place value on renewable energy which has
no value as it has no cost?  Wierd paradigm shift