[Greenbuilding] Water Barrier

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:04:25 CST 2013

Thanks to the specs and our willingness to try something new, we built a
house made entirely of 6" EPS walls reinforced with metal, no wood, no
vapor barrier, stucco inside and out.  It definitely leaks.  When the
winds blows
and it rains, water is driven through the assemby and occasionally actually
runs down the walls, ie that much.  Fortunately for the walls, Kansas has
not experienced a lot of rain lately.  Normally we get about the same as do
you in Virginia.

Not the same as your situation but definitely speaks to the problem of not
having any vapor barrier.

Sacie