[Greenbuilding] Doorbell options

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 16 21:36:53 CST 2013

I like those - I have a memory of a beautiful gate with a pull cord that ran
50' or so to the house.

I never use doorbells when visiting as I expect them not to work so I just
bang on the door (generally after calling to say that I am coming) and if
that doesn't work I open the door and yell.

I use crunchy gravel paths which for some reason seem to resonate through
thermal glass. If not our door is unlocked and people employ the knock, open
and yell approach. Could be a local custom.