[Greenbuilding] Basement EPS with plywood (acceptable)

Sam Ewbank g.l.ewbank at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 21:55:36 CDT 2013

>From the green building archives.  A similar application to what you are
looking to do but with the suggestion of using 1.5" EPS

http://lists.bioenergylists.org/pipermail/greenbuilding_lists.bioenergylists.org/2012-April/003703.html

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM, John O'Brien <john at boardom.ca> wrote:

> Friend is doing some work, looking to put down 1" EPS, with floating
> plywood, tapcon'd down, followed by some floating laminate.
>
> Would this be considered an acceptable base, or would it be beneficial
> to bump up to XPS or run a double layer of 1/2" ply staggered for more
> point load compression protection?
>
> Cheers,

Sam Ewbank

*Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend
on us. We are not the only experiment.-Buckminster Fuller*