[Greenbuilding] speaking of mushrooms

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Thu Jul 25 09:05:55 CDT 2013

A better analogy might be with cellulose insulation; they are both
organic .  As such, they are subject to decay, where inorganics
(fiberglass and rockwool) are not.
Presumably, the de-activation treatment prevents reactivation of the
mold by exposure to water but there are other molds which will digest molds.

It seems likely that the same precautions and limitations for cellulose
may apply to mycelium insulation.
Bob Klahn