[Greenbuilding] Heat pump vs radiant

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:36:12 CDT 2013

Yeah, I guess the little that I've seen/read about Earthships, my instinct
tells me that one will have a greater issue with too much RH, regardless of
how warm or cool it is. IMHO, money is not well spent until proper air
"comfort" is maintained, I suppose.

(Moreover, I've been dealing with an old hvac system in my 1960's energy
retrofitted home which is in desperate need of replacement, and all I could
think of last week was how disgustingly humid I felt, regardless of how hot
it was. So right now, I'm feeling a little bitter toward too much moisture
in the air. One can have a nicely retrofitted home, but with a few kids
going in and out of the house 10x a day during summer break, all the energy
savings goes right with them. Maybe I should build them a vestibule with a
small porthole, or something...)