[Greenbuilding] Fresnel lenses box solar cooker

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Mon Jun 3 08:24:34 CDT 2013

On 6/2/2013 7:08 PM, RT wrote:
>  he did mention "concentrating photovoltaic (CPV)" systems that were
> becoming viable which utilise Fresnel lenses to concentrate sunlight
> so that solar arrays could be reduced to the size of [his] thumbnail.

I don't think I want one on my roof though.  My current plans are for
about 2000 watts of cells.  That's 8000 watts or so of heat that needs
to be dissipated.  All concentrated on 1 square inch.  I would know how
ants feel...

Plus of course, you still need the same size roof installation.  It is
still all about/intercepted/ sunlight.

I come back to the thing I have been saying for years.  If you aren't
making solar CHEAPER, you aren't helping.  Fortunately, there are people
who are making it much cheaper.  It is about 2 cents per kWh, cheaper
than power company electrons here at the moment.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap