[Greenbuilding] Insulating 140 Year Old Wood Framed Brick Facade Building

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 14 11:51:34 CDT 2013

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:47:48 -0400, Alan Abrams
<alan at abramsdesignbuild.com> wrote:

> that might be appropriate for your climate,

D'oh!  Sorry. I have to confess that I didn't notice the locale of Sam's
house.

For some odd reason I just ass-u-me-d that it was a Cold Climate situation.

Then again, with Climate Change upon us, who knows what sort of weather
any locale will experience anymore ?

If the locale is relatively warm, would filling the framing cavity with
cob be an option ? (and since the plank sheathing and wood lath is coming
off, creating an effective drainage plane over the O/S face of the studs,
perhaps utilising the cob to help keep if from flopping around ?  (ie by
embedding ties into the cob)

=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257
Kanata, Ontario, Canada

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")