[Greenbuilding] Rustoleum NeverWet?

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 08:37:40 CDT 2013

This product was brought up in a backpacking forum I reside on.

I know I have my personal skepticism, but I thought I'd seek some council from a circle of peers whom I deeply respect for their collective wisdom.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this stuff? I just feel a moral obligation to see what professionals think of this, before I witness a bunch of backpackers spraying all their equipment with it, and walking off into the ecosystem oblivious to the greater impact.

Here's a link: http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/neverwet-kit/

(I understand they are planning on coming out with a transparent color.)

In Gratitude,

Matt