[Greenbuilding] Water Barrier

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 1 14:03:38 CST 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:58:32 -0500, Sacie Lambertson
<sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Opps,   We in fact experience both, when the wind
> blows it in or when without rain moisture simply permeates the wall,
> leaving a stain in
> its wake.

I know that Sacie sent me some snapshots of her house long ago but
unfortunately, I  can't recall which computer/hard drive/mail program
they're stored on, at the moment.

However one thing that I seem to recall is that there were minimal (if
any) roof overhangs on the deisgn.

I'm wondering if the bulk water leaks are in fact going through the stucco
+ foam wall assembly as Sacie suspects but rather, if it's actually
getting in elsewhere ? (ie at a wall/roof junction or perhaps improperly
flashed windows or ...)

I recall Sacie mentioning that she had critters in her walls. I'm
wondering if the water is getting into the building envelope through the
same route that the critters found ?

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")