[Greenbuilding] Circa 1766 (terra cotta) roof shingles

Bobby Jay! futureship0000 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:47:24 CDT 2013

Wikipedia says they are clay tiles.
North Carolina is known for
It's orange/Red clay bricks.

The bricks I touched on these walls
Did not look like clay. They looked
Like cut stone.

What are your thoughts on building
In my area with these materials ?

Half-timbers with brick infill, stone
Foundation, built into the earth on
The first floor.

I have a client interested  in me building on lots I own in Statesville, NC.  I believe This rustic design will fit my wooded Sloped lots.

Any thoughts on how we can apply
Building science to 250 year old design?

Jake at the Lake Development

Bob Jakaitis aka "Jake"
Licensed NC General Contractor
Tel: 704-236-3574