[Greenbuilding] NYC 90% emissions cut with windows

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:44:23 CDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM, John Salmen <terrain at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I read the report ...I think it is extremely relevant.

I'd distinguish between
(a) good ideas for retrofitting buildings, and
(b) claims that these will scale up to 90% reductions in fossil fuel
consumption or energy or....

I think that both the means and the end are important and achievable, and
we even could point to examples where this has been achieved, but instead
what we typically see is lots of wishful thinking and hype and claims about
not inconveniencing the occupants or asking them to do anything different.
This in my experience is out of phase with, not helpful toward, achieving
the outcomes identified. I'm still looking for a manifesto that articulates
a comprehensive pathway to these kinds of reductions that is based on
actual experience, that has been subject to some ground truthing. We really
need such documents. Have any of you encountered or written something like
this?