[Greenbuilding] Growing Media Embodied Energy

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sat Oct 12 10:09:11 CDT 2013

That is a good idea. I've actually been meaning to look into Black Locust
chips given that woods ability to not rot under ground. My current project
is semi intensive so my reservation is what will happen to the weight  over
time. The wood will decompose and shrink in depth, requiring the addition
of more. Each time you do that the weight increases. Is that a valid
concern?

As an extensive sedum or moss cover then wood chips is a no brainer.

--
Gennaro Brooks-Church, Director
Eco Brooklyn