[Greenbuilding] Sustainable Post & Beam Construction

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at kos.net
Mon Oct 28 17:18:09 CDT 2013

Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend who wants a post and beam home (round
logs), but one as efficient as possible.  He has plans, and we've had
the discussion about size, etc., but he would like me to pick the
group's collective brains about how to best get the style (or the look)
and not have a energy-sucking behemoth. Timber walls and vaulted
ceilings don't seem to add up to sustainable from an operating standpoint.

Any advice at all?  Anyone know of someone in Eastern Ontario who would
be a knowledgeable builder of such a structure?

Many thanks.

Lynelle
--
*/"Life is an experience and an opportunity. The meaning comes from what
we decide to do with the opportunity that is given to us."--Bernie Siegel/*