[Greenbuilding] Enerbond vs Great Stuff Pro Wall and Floor adhesive?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 09:41:48 CDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Sam Ewbank <g.l.ewbank at gmail.com> wrote:

> From unscientific observations and some experience: enerbond seems to have
> adhesive and insulation values while not expanding as much as the great
> stuff or having any heat resistance.

Hitherto I'd thought of the Great Stuff series as being foam/insulation but
now see that they have a line that is specifically referred to as an *adhesive
*(in a light brown can).

I'm guessing they are probably equivalent. The prices certainly are very
close.
http://building.dow.com/na/en/products/sealants/gspwallfloor.htm
http://building.dow.com/na/en/products/adhesives/enerbond.htm

> Great stuff around here, Michigan, is either red/pink or yellow (gun
> applicator) and I don't buy that it is fire resistant.
> Enerbond seems to have a smoother flow and works better for ICF
> construction if your into that.

I'm going to be gluing plywood to foam panels.