[Greenbuilding] Eco-Utopia and Stormwater management

marian dombroski mdombros at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:22:06 CDT 2014

"Cope" is a difficult word for me when discussing SWM issues.  First step
to "coping" is to acknowledge that water is a precious resource delivered
to most of us primarily as rain.  We have a responsibility to make that a
central part of planning and design.

As far as details go, LID and ESD are pretty good roadmaps to a functional
design.  There are an increasing number of projects that go beyond
function.  Details of materials and techniques are generally readily
accessible on a project by project basis.

Please excuse me if this sounds preachy.  SWM regs are pretty dry documents
which are difficult to plow through and make sense of. Every site has
unique features.  Every design has specific issues to address. Consulting
with folks who are known for successful projects and are willing to study
the site is an effective and efficient way to achieve what it sounds like
you are looking for.

Marian

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Erin Rasmussen <erin at trmiles.com> wrote:

> Good morning Greenbuilding list,
>

> I thought I'd annoy you with pretty drawings of eco-utopian buildings  ;)
>

> http://www.fastcodesign.com/3027132/this-eco-village-is-an-environmentalists-dream
>

> I have a more serious question though - what's your favorite way of coping
> with stormwater compliance when you're building/remodeling etc? Favorite
> practices, products, guidelines?
>

> Erin Rasmussen
>

> TR Miles Technical Consultants Inc.   http://www.trmiles.com/
>
> and BioEnergy Discussion Lists   http://www.bioenergylists.org/