[Greenbuilding] Toxic Materials in Roof Runoff

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 11 23:49:59 CDT 2014

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:03:16 -0400, candtcampbell at juno.com
<candtcampbell at juno.com> wrote:

> since they collected samples in stainless steel pots, I'm inclined to
> think stainless steel roofing is the least toxic choice. Anyone agree or
> disagree?

Yes, I disagree.

Glass roofing would be the least toxic choice. It's chemically inert and
lasts forever.

As for the study, although I didn't have a real close look at it, from
what I did see, it struck me as being one that I'd not be inclined to lend
much credence to.

I can't help but have the suspicion that the study was bought and paid for
by stakeholders who have something to lose by the increasing market share
that metal roofing is taking away from ... well, you know.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom  .  .  . T60BOM

A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot C A
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")