[Greenbuilding] Roofers

bill.allen at verizon.net bill.allen at verizon.net
Fri Aug 22 12:59:43 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can direct me to a roofer in the NY/CT/NJ tri-state area (actual job in Mt. Vernon, NY) who has actually heard of applying insulation when you re-roof.  Every roofer I can find looks at me cross-eyed when I mention "deep energy retrofit" or anything other than just slapping down asphalt shingles on plywood.
I need to re-roof a 30'x30' 1926 colonial asap but want to take advantage of the opportunity to apply some insulation.  I am using the Building Science Inc. builders guide as a blue print.

Are there any good roofers out there?

Thanks for your consideration,
In frustration.
Bill