[Greenbuilding] Roofers

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Fri Aug 22 12:12:44 MDT 2014

Your region doesn't have a monopoly on the problem. You're probably best off
having a roofer do the roof and a good insulation guy or GC/energy retrofit
contractor insulate. Depending on the nature of the job, it may benefit to
draw up some plans specific to the house for all contractors to work from
and (gasp) collaborate.

On 8/22/14 1:59 PM, "bill.allen at verizon.net" <bill.allen at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am hoping someone can direct me to a roofer in the NY/CT/NJ tri-state area
> (actual job in Mt. Vernon, NY) who has actually heard of applying insulation
> when you re-roof.  Every roofer I can find looks at me cross-eyed when I
> mention "deep energy retrofit" or anything other than just slapping down
> asphalt shingles on plywood.
> I need to re-roof a 30'x30' 1926 colonial asap but want to take advantage of
> the opportunity to apply some insulation.  I am using the Building Science
> Inc. builders guide as a blue print.
> Are there any good roofers out there?
> Thanks for your consideration,
> In frustration.
> Bill
> _______________________________________________
> Greenbuilding mailing list
> to Send a Message to the list, use the email address
> Greenbuilding at bioenergylists.org
> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web page
> http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/greenbuilding_lists.bioenergy
> lists.org

More information about the Greenbuilding mailing list