[Greenbuilding] Masonry Cavity Insulation Detail

Philip Proefrock architect at cornellbox.com
Fri Feb 7 13:12:27 CST 2014

This could be a place for a spray-applied foam over the block and ties.
 Extra space might need to be accommodated for the cavity, given the
potential irregularity of the foam in some places, but that shouldn't be
difficult to accomplish.  You might achieve both thermal and air barrier
with a single product, which could help sell it to an unmotivated
client, too.

Philip Proefrock, AIA
CoStudio Architects